"Extended School Breaks: How Much is Too Much?"



Have you ever met a fellow parent who just can't seem to get enough of their own children? You know the type: always looking for ways to extend their kids' school breaks, eager to spend even more time at home with their precious little ones. It's like they're addicted to the chaos and constant noise of family life.

I recently overheard one such mom complaining about how another school had a longer spring break than hers. "They could have given our kids 2 more days," she lamented, as if she couldn't bear the thought of sending her little angels back to school for even a moment longer.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love my kid as much as the next mom. But there's something to be said for having a little bit of space and quiet every now and then. Two extra days of spring break might sound like a dream come true to some parents, but to me, it's like adding frosting to an already too-sweet cake - it might seem like a good idea at first, but too much of a good thing can quickly become overwhelming.

I can just imagine the chaos that would ensue if my kid had two more days at home. The constant arguments we have, the endless mess, the never-ending requests for snacks and entertainment... it's enough to make any mom want to run for the hills.

So to all the parents out there who can't get enough of their own children: more power to you. But as for me, I'll stick with the regular school schedule, thank you very much.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The Weekend Grind: From Chauffeuring Kids to Cleaning Toilets"

"Parenting: It Takes a Village to Judge and Give Unsolicited Advice"

"Snacks to the Rescue"